Is the All Girls Program the Right Choice for My Child?
A successful student demonstrates:
- a willingness to become a confident leader
- a broad perspective on non-traditional career opportunities for females
- an understanding of the lived experience of women in local, national and global cultures
- the preference to working in an all-girl environment
- an interest in science, technology, technology and mathematics (STEM) learning
- an interest in curriculum that highlights how women contribute meaningfully to our society and lead change
- a willingness to learn through making connections across many subjects
Characteristics of the All Girls Program
- Provides girl-focused approaches to learning
- Intentionally emphasizes cooperative and inquiry-based learning
- Increases exposure to science, math and technology
- Builds on girls’ strengths to improve self-confidence, personal growth and understanding of the social construction of gender
- Provides opportunities for mentorship networks among members of the student body and with successful women
- Incorporates a focus on character in all aspects of the curriculum
- School uniform
* Emphasize girls’ abilities to become independent and empowered leaders in school and in their greater community.
How to Register
- Registration for 2019-20 begins January 2019
- Refer to designated school’s website for parent information session. Attend parent information session and/or view informational presentation.
- Complete registration package and take to designated school.
- Packages will be accepted starting Jan. 14, 2019.
- Packages must received by Feb. 12, 2019 at noon.
For families that are new to the CBE and not Canadian citizens, please note you must first attend the Kingsland Reception Centre for an initial assessment prior to registering for an Alternative Program.
- See Fees page for fees that apply to all CBE students.
- Uniform cost (approximately $400.00)
Please see Transportation for Alternative Programs for important information. Parents will want to carefully consider the transportation services to and from the alternative program they want to enrol their child in.