At Library School, students and teachers are
invited to shape their experience around a central inquiry that is inspired by
5 floors of story at the new Central Library. Whether at the automated handling
machine, behind-the-scenes in Calgary’s Story, the Library’s local history
collection, in the Make It Messy studio, the AV media labs, or lost among the
shelves of books and resources, Library School students will be invited to meet
library staff, practicing artists, authors-in-residence and other experts to
learn from them while they work.
Some questions that have been explored during Library School:
- How do we use the past as a tool? How does the past influence the future?
- What value is there in stories/ knowing others’ stories?
- If you could build a new world, what would it look like?
- What components make up a modern city?
Experts that have met with Library School students:
- Environmental Educator
- Central Library Engineer
- Lakota Elder
- Children and Families Librarian
- Local History Librarian
- Community Volunteer