Oct. 08, 2014
Today the Government of Alberta announced a capital build-out of new schools and school expansions. The announcement includes 55 new schools and 20 modernizations across the province.
Five new school projects were announced for the Calgary Board of Education:
- New Martindale elementary school
- New Silverado elementary school
- New Springbank Hill/Discovery Ridge elementary and middle school
- Modernization of James Fowler High School
- Modernization of Lord Beaverbrook High School
The province also reiterated the completion of four previously announced starter schools for the CBE. Additionally, it increased maintenance dollars for the next two years.
“We are pleased with today’s announcement and once again thank the government for its investment in greatly needed new schools for our students,” said Joy Bowen-Eyre, Chair CBE Board of Trustees. “We appreciate the Province’s commitment to meeting the needs of our rapidly growing student population.”
The CBE will work closely with Alberta Education and Alberta Infrastructure to confirm the details of these projects in the coming weeks.